Sunday 2 August 2020

Daily Work: August 2nd, 2020

Some studies of an image by Australian artist Rosarrie (her work is the top left corner). I like her style, use of colour, and line work; it's expressive and charming. 

My own studies are outside of the circle. The focus was choosing colours, experimenting with different brushes, and blending. I also used the lasso and fill tools for the apple (although edges weren't an immediate focus). 

I'm training my eye for colour: I look at the original content, then pick out what I think is the correct colour, first by navigating to hue, then altering the saturation and value. The green for the leaves surprised me by how much into the yellow the hue was!

I liked the textures of the brushes so much I noted which brushes were which. The Eaglehawk and Tamar brushes left lovely textures and blended well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment